18.23 Newsletter 9th/ 10th June, 2018
HOLY FAMILY PARISH
Newsletter 9th/ 10th June, 2018
10th Sunday in Ordinary Time
There will be no Masses @ 7 pm
Monday to Friday 11-15 June inclusive and
Monday to Friday 18-22 June inclusive
Please pray for the priest making their annual retreats.
The collection for the ST VINCENT DE PAUL will take place next weekend 16th/17th June 2018
Please give as generously as you can.
WORLD MEETING OF FAMILIES – 21-26 Aug 2018
Three Day Pastoral Congress at the RDS 22-26 Aug;
Wed 22 Aug – The Family and Faith
Thur 23 Aug – The Family and Love
Fri 24 Aug – The Family and Hope
Saturday 25 Aug – Festival of Families at CROKE PARK. The concert-type event is a celebration of family life around the world, with musical and dance performances, as well as 5 families from around the world giving witness to their family’s faith.
Sunday 26 Aug – Final Mass in PHOENIX PARK with Pope Francis.
* A Youth Programme in which Young People aged 13 and upwards will share their faith with many of the young people from around the world and fuel their faith
* A Children’s Programme, for children aged 4 to 12 will entertain the children and help them to reflect on the importance of family. All children are welcome with their parents / carers.
Talks and workshops during the 3 Day Pastoral Congress will reflect on:
* The church as a family of families.
* The welfare of the family is decisive for the future of the world.
* Handing on the faith in the home today.
* Supporting families with special needs.
* Why get married in church? Presenting. sacramental marriage as a path to joy.
* Supporting families with addiction.
* Handing on the faith; the role of grandparents.
* Coping with crises and hurt in marriages.
* Who is doing the dishes? The little things that matter.
* What is Jesus calling our families to be.
* Celebrating the Lords day as family.
* Parents and Catholic education.
REST IN PEACE
Your prayers are requested for the soul of the following whose anniversaries occur about this time:
MAY HIS SOUL AND THE SOULS OF ALL THE FAITHFUL DEPARTED THROUGH THE MERCY OF GOD REST IN PEACE. AMEN.
June 2018 Mass times & Intentions
Georg Nolan (Anniv)
Bernadette Kelly (Anniv)
May Fellowes (Anniv)
Mairead Dowdall (Anniv)
Dowdall & Brown Family
Franciscan Sisters Knock
Paul Hennessy (Anniv)
Caroline (Carrie) Moylan (Anniv)
Tom & Bridget Ward (Anniv)
Mark Owens (Anniv)
Mon 11 10 am MASS ONLY
Tue 12 10 am MASS ONLY
Wed 13 10 am MASS ONLY
Thu 14 10 am MASS ONLY
Fri 15 10 am MASS ONLY
Enrolment as Associate Member of the Dublin Diocesan Pilgrimage to Lourdes in September enables you to support pilgrims with your prayers and with your donations to subsidise sick pilgrims
300 Club Draw - Week 10 - 6/6/18
1. Sheila Mulvaney € 1,000
2. Noel Kennedy € 500
3. Nuala O’Dowd € 250
4. Tommy Spain €150
5. Sheila Devlin €50
6. Marian Blaney €50
7. Sean McCarthy €50
8. Eileen Brien €50
9. Clare Lynch €50
10. Edward Moore €50
HITTING THE BOTTLE!
Next time you go to the supermarket, take a look at the soft drinks section. There are literally hundreds of single use only non-reusable plastic bottles there.
A significant number of these contain -what?
Besides being potentially polluting, they have to be transported (so have a carbon footprint) and are filled with costly water which is already free from our taps. So why not buy a reusable bottle to refill with tap water?
Cuts pollution, saves you money and is easy to do.